Yes, many people dread the Polar Vortex monster that sweeps through northern and Midwest states during winter, but if you are planning a December, January, or February wedding, there are some perks to embrace as well.
Seven Chicago Winter Wedding Perks:
1. Early sunset and twilight between 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. means you can get beautiful twilight portraits, like the one shown above, well before your cocktail hour typically starts at 5:00 or 6:00 p.m.
2. Fancy coats, furs, shawls and other warming accessories can be warn during winter for not only practical reasons, but to also add variety to your winter wedding look.
3. Seasonal reduced rates are sometimes available at some venues and with some vendors and services that are not offered during warmer months.
4. Venues and vendors often have more available dates or have last-minute availability during this time of year compared to higher demand warmer months.
5. Cranberries, pinecones, poinsettia, holly, hot toddy, mulled wine, and other winter seasonal favorites make special appearances this time of year.
6. If you like snowy landscapes, there is plenty of it for your winter wedding portraits.
7. Close snuggles with your sweetheart to keep warm.